Full Title: The Commitments of Traders Bible
Author: Stephen Briese
Publisher/Date: Wiley (2008)
List Cost/Pages: $74 Hardcover / 279 pages
The Commodity Futures Trading Commission’s weekly Commitments of Traders (COT) report has established the U.S. futures market as one of the most transparent exchanges in the world—and created a level playing field for commodity and futures traders of all sizes in the process. But the information found within the COT report extends well beyond the confines of the commodity pits and can be profitably applied to virtually any market sector, from equities and treasuries to forex, gold stocks, and exchange-traded funds.
Nobody understands this better than author Stephen Briese, an industry-leading expert on COT data. And now, with The Commitments of Traders Bible, he shares the insights and experiences of his successful career to help put the COT report in perspective. Written in a straightforward and accessible style, this detailed guide skillfully examines the predictive power of COT data and reveals how you can accurately interpret it in order to analyze market movements and make the most informed investment decisions possible.
Divided into two comprehensive parts, this reliable resource:
- Takes you through a brief history of the COT report and explains how it has evolved over time
- Illustrates how the dozens of numbers published on specific markets expose the positions of the biggest and smartest market insiders
- Describes how to properly view the COT Index and use it to avoid the traps that most observers fall into
- Offers technicians and chartists various ways to incorporate COT analysis into their existing programs
- Discusses individual idiosyncrasies and patterns that appear in certain markets—from oil to interest rates
- Lists hundreds of securities from all over the world whose prices are highly correlated with commodities contained in the COT report
Regardless of your trading methods, and no matter what markets you’re involved in, there is a COT report that you should be reviewing every week. With The Commitments of Traders Bible as your guide, you’ll gain an invaluable edge over uninformed market participants as you learn how to use legal “insider” information to enhance your everyday investment endeavors.